Tailwind Elements is a comprehensive library of pre-designed components and UI elements built on top of the Tailwind CSS framework. This local installation guide will walk you through the steps required to set up and use Tailwind Elements in your development environment. By following these instructions, you'll be able to leverage the power of Tailwind Elements to enhance your web development projects.
Step 1: Clone the repository
To clone the Tailwind Elements repository from GitHub, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Tailwind Elements repository on GitHub.
2. Click on the "Code" button, located above the file list on the repository's main page.
3. In the dropdown that appears, click on the clipboard icon to copy the repository's clone URL.
4. Open your preferred command line interface (CLI) or terminal.
5. Navigate to the directory where you want to clone the repository using
6. In the terminal, paste the previously copied clone URL and run the following command to clone the repository:
git clone https://github.com/mdbootstrap/Tailwind-Elements.git
7. Once the cloning process is complete, navigate into the cloned repository's directory.
8. If you are searching for specific versions of Tailwind Elements, you can use the following command to list all available tags:
git tag -l
9. Then you can checkout the desired version (e.g.
v1.0.0-beta1) using the following command:
git checkout v1.0.0-beta1
Step 2: Install dependencies
To install all necessary dependencies, follow these steps:
1. Open your preferred command line interface (CLI) or terminal.
2. Navigate to the root directory of your project using the
3. Run the following command to install all dependencies:
This command will read the
package.json file and download all
the necessary dependencies into a
4. In addition to installing the project dependencies, you may also need to install the dependencies required for the documentation. To ensure it run the following command:
npm run docs:install
Step 3: Running the Demo App and Documentation
Once you have successfully installed the dependencies for your project, you can proceed with utilizing them in your development workflow.
1. To start the demo application, run the following command in your terminal:
2. Launch the documentation by executing the following command:
npm run docs:start
npm run buildto compile the Tailwind plugin and update the files located in the